Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April the 2nd

Left my job yesterday. After more than a decade with the same company, I was brutally made aware that I was no longer compatible with the place where I worked. I shouldn’t have been surprised by the way it played out – in truth, I haven’t been happy at my job for at least two years and had been making feeble moves toward looking somewhere else – but I’m still feeling gob-smacked by it all. In America, after all, our jobs are a big part of what we are.

Well, the issue’s been forced, for better or worse (right now, it feels like worse), and I suspect I’m gonna be pretty damn useless over the next couple days. My apologies to my small readership ahead of time . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee Fish said...

I'll never understand why leaving a job you hate is still so stressful, but I've been in similar situations often enough to have an Idea of what you're dealing with... Enough of an Idea NOT to envy you. Hope it all works out and you find yourself someplace more comfortable.

There needs to be a world where you can live happily just writing your wonderfull stories and I can make my way drawing them and everyone stays fat and happy. :)

4:19 AM  
Blogger Miss P-Pie said...

Wilson,

I'm awfully sorry to hear your sad news, but odds are you'll land on your feet doing something that'll make you wish you'd made a change long ago. Yeah, dinner on the table is important (don't get me started), but so is HAPPY.

Sending good gooey thoughts your way, my brothuh.

~ Ms. Pleasure Pie

11:15 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks to both of you for the kind thoughts - I'm still in the middle of pondering what exactly it is that I want to do with the rest of my life. At the moment, at least, I've got a little wiggle room in this area, so I'm taking it.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home