Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Down in the Dust Bowl

From the Dimensions Weight Board comes the news that actress Lisa Brounstein, who was in Shallow Hal and has also had parts on series television, will be playing a sideshow fat lady in the Sunday episode of Carnivale. As a viewer who's already decried the absence of a good full-sized sideshow performer on the show, I'm heartened by this news - as one look at her website shows, Miz B. is a gorgeous SSBBW. Unfortunately, from the previews, it looks as if she's part of a competing traveling carnival show, so it's probably just a one-shot deal.

CORRECTION: The above has been corrected to fix my original mistaken statement that Lisa played body double in Shallow Hal. (She has politely corrected me on the Dimensions Weight Board.) Instead, she played a woman that Jack Black dances with in a bar. In Lisa's words: "They made me pretty icky. Greasy hair and bad make-up. They didn't want my fat body to be what was unattractive about me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home