Friday, January 28, 2005

“Running Untamed Through Her Enlarged Anatomy”

Recently in my capacity as librarian of the Dimensions On-line website, I received a series of twelve jpgs. from the South American FA artist, Jay Tee. The graphics were done to accompany a story Jay had already submitted to the Weight Room Story Archives, "Jasmine’s Secret," a weight gain fantasy that I'd edited and tweaked for the writer. English is not his first language, so some of Jay's constructions can be quirky, to say the least. As an editor, I try to correct for grammar and clarity without undermining the writer's own unique voice. It's not a precise science, but to date I haven't heard any complaints from Jay indicating that I've ruined any of his stories.

But, to be honest, I prefer Jay's comic art graphics to his writing (and prefer both to his photo morphs: a form of FA fanta-sizing that generally leaves me cold), and I was thrilled to see the panels he'd concocted to illustrate his tale. He does a five-panel series of his magically fattened heroine moving through her apartment naked that's remarkably assured and sexy. Makes me hope he gets the rest of his story illustrated, but – as with so fanta-sizer projects that are essentially being done for free – I wouldn't blame anyone if these initial twelve graphics were all we got. (A couple of years ago, when Jay was running his own site, I helped by editing a Jay Tee comics adaptation of one of my WG stories, "Body Switch." Unfortunately, we only got into the first few pages of the story before the project fell apart. I still mourn the fact that I never got to see the characters as they ultimately become in that tale.) In any event, if you haven't checked Jay's work out yet, I'd recommend doing so: he also has a Yahoo tribute group featuring much of his fat-positive artwork. It's also worth combing through. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home