Friday, November 05, 2004

Blues in A Blue State

Your obedient weblogger has been in a funk all week since the Tuesday election. Without getting into politics too deeply (I don't feel that's the realm of this blog), let's just say that as a writer who has spent a lot of his career toiling in dubious fictional realms, I can't help but feel nervous about a voting bloc that apparently claims "moral issues" as a primary justification for extending our imperial presidency. I know I'm a big ol' reprobate, but I also know that the kind of paranoid moral judgmentalism that led so many Americans to build a legal wall against same sex unions ain't that far from holier-than-thou putdowns of fat erotica and/or weight gain fantasies. At the end of the voting day, both forms of moral bigotry give me the chills. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home