Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thinkin' Big

Big Girls, Big Stuff Tours is a site that manages to push two of my personal buttons: cute big women and absurdly oversized roadside attractions (like muffler men and giant coffee pots). As conceived by Catherine Nordling, a super-sized Midwestern beauty who presently has the distinction of the being the last cover girl to appear in the print mag version of Dimensions, the site and tours originated in Minnesota but have since expanded to include submissions from across the United States, as well as the United Kingdom and Canada. Lots of cool jpgs. of plus-sized lady tourists and outlandish roadside stuff, but many of the photos are in long shot, so you often get a better pic of the Big Stuff than you do the Big Babes. Still, you just know that Zippy the Pinhead (he who converses with Muffler Men daily) would love to go on a Big Girl, Big Stuff tour. And who can blame him?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Crud. I just wrote a long comment and now it's blepharted into non-existance.
Anyway in brief...thanks for the plug for the site! I appreciate it. It was actually conceived by myself and my friend Kim H. who is often seen on the site. We came up with the idea while munching nachos during lunch break in downtown Minneapolis. We both love road tours, big stuff and we're both fat! What more do ya need?
Also, I haven't seen Zippy in years, but I've got a connection to him too. If you collect the books, you'll see a drawing I submitted to the cause on the endpapers of "A Pinhead's Progress". Also, my drawing appeared in his strip, so it's also in the book following that. I don't recall the title. Dang! Anyway, the books were published around 1988 and 1989, so if you do have 'em, you'll have to digggggggg! Dig? Right on! Thanks again! I put your Blog in my favs. This was my first visit of what will surely be many more in the future.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Great to see ya stoppin' by, Cat! Your old web blog was one of several that I looked to back when I was developing my "Fat Magic" blog story, incidentally.

I'll have to go digging through the old "Zippy" collections now. To my eyes, the strip is an enjoyable as it's ever been. . .

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home